Melissa Berry has been practicing massage since February 2000. She
studied Massage Therapy at the Polarity Realization Institute In
addition, Melissa completed training in Ayurvedic Massage Therapy,
Shirodhara, and The Art of Sacred Stone Ayurveda Massage at the Sacred
Stone Center for Holistic Therapies & Education under Master
Instructor Karyn Chabot D. Ay., LMT. Recently Melissa completed Level 1
Polarity Therapy. Many of Melissa's techniques originate from healing
traditions such as Acupuncture, Ayurveda, and Yoga. Melissa had independent training with Master Instructor Nicole Hinterstocker, Ayurvedic Practitioner in more Ayurvedic
Treatments and Bodywork; and has taken workshops on the
treatment of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Aromatherapy, and Herbal Remedies.
Melissa has a Bachelors Degree from University of Tampa in English
Literature and a Masters Degree in English from Salem State College.
Melissa is a member of the Associated Bodywork & Massage
Professionals and is fully licensed with the State of Massachusetts to
practice massage. When Melissa is not in sessions she enjoys her time
with her Jack Russell Ginger either at the beach or woods. Melissa also
enjoys Genealogy and is avid reader. She is currently publishing her ancestors stories in local newspapers and archives.
60 minutes $70 (Sports, Deep Tissue, Swedish, Therapeutic, Chakra, Hot Stone, Aromatherapy, Pregnancy & MRT)
75 minutes $85 (All Above)
90 minutes $100 (All Above & Ayurvedic Treatments)
Ask about package deals to receive great savings!
Gift certificates can be purchased at office location or mailed directly.
Here's what customers are saying:
- Been working with Melissa for over a month for
my shoulder. I tried several doctors and stretching after a shoulder
injury a year ago without success. After several sessions with Melissa, I
have regained strength and flexibility in my shoulder and greatly
reduced pain!! I am now back to playing ultimate frisbee and will
continue to see Melissa for injury prevention and relaxation. I highly
recommend her massages!!
- Colleen Duffy Beverly, MA
Thanks so much for the massage, Melissa. I haven't unwound like that for a long time. It was truly a gift!
- David Queeley Boston, MA
Been working with Melissa and
I feel better than I have in two years. Constant wear from soccer,
lacrosse, and snowboarding gave me back pain everyday, but we've been
breaking down all the built up scar tissue. Can't wait to start working
out again and get back to the things I love doing!
- Max Hebert, Endicott College Beverly, MA
Melissa, your massages are amazing! I have
gone before, during and after my recent pregnancy, when a massage was
greatly needed, and everything was perfect. You are a great massage
therapist, and I put emphasis on the therapist part since you really get
to know us and cater the massage to the areas (physically and
spiritually) that need work at that given time
- Kristen Santos, Bixby Hamilton, MA
Hi Melissa!!!! Honestly thank you so much for
the much needed massage!!! It was the greatest massage I have ever had
and it totally relaxed me! Can't wait to come back and see you again!!!!
- Danielle Murphy, Lynnfield, MA
I had my first massage ever yesterday with
Melissa, and it was fantastic. She made me feel very comfortable, and
the oils that she used made my skin feel great. My upper back also felt
wonderful, and I spent the rest of the day and much of today very
relaxed. Thank you so much, Melissa!
- James Davis, Boston, MA
That 1 hour away from my 4 week old would be
tough to bear if it wasn't so relaxing while I'm on the table. Thanks!
You give Emily a much happier mommy.
- Jennifer Lynn Harris, Beverly, MA
I felt the healing for days after my divine massage! I highly recommend Melissa's talented palms, heated oils and hot rocks!
They all rocked!
- Cindy Funchion, Beverly, MA
Another great session. I am good to go until I mess myself up again. See you in a few weeks.
- Richard Silva, Salem, MA
Best massage around - period! Feel incredibly relaxed from today's session. Thanks a ton Melissa!
- Stephen Glass, Boxford, MA
What a great way to start and end a weekend but with a relaxtion message. Thank you!!!!!
- Margaret Layton Maguire, Newbury, MA
Just finished an amazing massage, leaps and
bounds above the rest. Highly recommended and lived up to every bit of
it. One of the best.
- Michael Lauranzano, Beverly, MA
Had a wonderful Mother's Day massage! Thanks to my daughter Kathleen
- Deirde Pizello, Beverly, MA
I had the best massage yesterday! Thank you!
My body and mind feel in sync and I had one of the best night's sleep I
have had in awhile! I can't wait for my next massage!
- Andrea DiVincenzo, Beverly, MA
I feel fantastic! You are quite possibly a magician - I feel great. Cannot wait for next time. Thank you Melissa
- Amanda Lennon, Salem, MA
Thank you so much for such a great massage... Shawn & I both really enjoyed them!! Told lots of people about you already!! Hope to see you soon!
Liz Resnick Campbell, Boston, MA
Melissa! thank you so much for the massage
it was awesome the most ive been relaxed my whole pregnancy!! im
getting my mom to go get one soon! see you again!
- Stephanie Q, Beverly, MA
Thank you so much for helping me with my shoulder, you have helped me more in one session than PT ever has!!! See you soon!
- Beth Cloughlin, Topsfield, MA
Had my first massage today! It was absolutely
GREAT! Melissa and Ginger are the sweetest. She's very warm and
inviting. Her and I have similar interests in baking and history so she
was a delight to talk to on top of a wonder experience. I have an injury
from about a decade ago as well as migraines and tension headaches.
This was EXACTLY what I needed!!!! I will definitely be going back!
- Samatha Romage, Beverly,
I have two young kids and needed some stress relief. Thank you so much Melissa. I felt so relaxed!!
- Rebecca Brickles, Beverly Farms
Melissa I'm hooked!! Your massages are
amazing. LOVE the warm stones and oil, and my formerly tight neck and
shoulders are feeling sooo much better. Thank you! Can't wait for the
- Rebecca Lord, Beverly, MA
Had the best massage ever on Saturday morning! Great ending to a long week, can't wait to go back. Thanks, Melissa!
- Andrew Chapman, Marlehead, MA
Had my first session with Melissa yesterday.
Not only do my muscles feel fantastic, so does my mind. My stress level
has dropped BIG TIME. Thanks for getting me back to a "happy place,"
- Liz Weinstein, Marblehead, MA
Great massage. Love your technique!
- Christopher White, Beverly, MA
- Melissa is a very knowledgeable massage therapist and has great techniques. She can tell what parts needs work and how to work on them. I had three sessions with her after I had badly strained my hamstring. She knew how to treat it and helped me return to 100% after only 5 weeks! I highly recommend Melissa.
- Mike Schrameyer Beverly, MA
- I have been a client of Melissa's for over 6 years, now. She has helped
me tremendously! Her Ayurvedic hot-stone massage is now a regular part
of my self-care routine. She has been able to work on my shoulders, neck
and back, and I have been able to release stress from those areas and
regain a greater strength and a better sense of well-being. She brings
knowledge, compassion and dedication to each session. We are so
fortunate to have her, here, on the Northshore.
- Amanda W. Beverly, MA
- I've been going to Melissa for a few years for neck and back problems.
She is very knowledgeable and always seems to be able to diagnose and
treat the source of my pain. She is instructive as well, and provides
suggestions for home treatments in between my appointments. She really
cares about her clients and keeps in touch in between visits to make
sure they are doing OK. I really trust her as a professional and
consider her services an integral part of my pain management therapy.
- CAR, Boxford, MA
- I met Melissa after my Mom gave me a gift certificate
for a one hour massage. I had just given birth to my second daughter and
after a short but difficult birth, I was psyched for this spa
treatment. To sum it up-the "deep muscle massage" was awesome as
well as the relaxing atmosphere of her studio-I have since
referred my sisters, mom, and friends. I love the way I feel and
smell (the oils are great!) after the massage. But....I then come
home to two active little girls and look at my calendar to see
when I can visit Melissa again."
- Laurie G.
- I have been getting massages for 20 years. After moving and losing my
favorite masseuse, I searched for three years throwing away good money
on below average massages until I found Melissa. She is excellent at
what she does. I've been training for the 2008 Ironman Lake Placid race
and have been going to Melissa since December. I've been injury free
during all my training and I attribute a large part of that to work
Melissa has done for me. I've recommended her to several family members
and friends. I highly recommend her to anyone seeking an excellent
massage therapist with a superior value. Whether it be for relaxation
or some kind of athletic training, you won't be disappointed with
- David.H Beverly, MA
- My husband and I are both clients of Melissa. This is a wonderful treat because our lives are so
hectic. I am a runner and golfer with sore muscles and
stress points that she works wonders with. My husband is a golfer and
also is ailed with bursitis in his arm. Melissa works with us both very
uniquely to help heal our ailments. After getting a message from
Melissa you are hooked!"
- Marea M., Topsfield, MA
- Melissa's many massage techniques are all unique and helpful in
their own way. She listens to how your daily schedule/routine may
affect your body and mind, and then she knows how to release all that
blocked energy to bring some balance back into your body. In my last
massage, Melissa tried a couple different techniques, including the hot
stones and warm medicinal oil. The scent of the oil immediately
relaxed by deep muscles and helped calm my breathing into a slower
rhythm. The hot stones definitely helped me feel grounded. The extra
weight of the stones helped multiple areas of my body relax at once and
their warmth and pressure feels amazingly heavy.I have also been doing a lot of yoga to help release my built up
stress, but there is something about letting your body completely rest
while your energy is moved around by physical contact. Melissa's work
- Nicole Sassi Boston, MA
- Melissa is the best, plus her dog Ginger is the cutest! I had never had a
massage before visiting her for the first time, and now I'm hooked.
After a session with Melissa, I feel like I'm walking on air, but at the
same time, I feel very grounded and balanced. The stress just melts
away! I highly recommend her to anyone looking to release the negative
energy in their life. Thanks, Melissa!
- Jane Ponthier Beverly, MA
- After ending my college athlete days and joining the Air Force,
maintaining physical fitness is a requirement for my job. Even though my
husband and I are physically fit, we still get injuries and sore
muscles. When this happens we turn to Melissa for massages. Melissa
truly has a gift for working out tension, stress, sore muscles, and
knots. My husband did something to his shoulder (or so we thought) and
Melissa found that the pain stemmed from an injury to his pectoral
muscles. After an appointment with Melissa he was back to exercising
without causing more damage. I also feel that regular massages with
Melissa has decreased the amount of lactic acid that builds up in my
muscles from strenuous workouts. I'll be booking an appointment for my
husband when he gets back from his pre-deployment exercise—I'm sure
filling and carrying sandbags has taken a tole on his back. Luckily I
know someone that can fix that. Melissa is the best!
- Karen Potter Langfeld Boston, MA
- I can not say enough about the effects of Melissa's massage techniques
in managing stress. Working in a corporate environment where you have to
be mindful of all that you do and say, does not leave any room to
“unload” the stress that is accumulated daily. This stress effects your
nervous system, mind, skin, and overall health in general. Exercise and
eating healthy foods are crucial elements but, unless you can de-tox
your mind and body on a regular basis , these things have limited
effects. There is nothing comperable to regular massages to keep your
muscles in shape for exercise; your circulation consistant so that you
process these healthy foods and the overall necessity to quite your mind
so that you can be at your best with all that you do in your life.
- Renee Parks Peabody, MA
- I was skeptical about massage but the sessions with Melissa are great.
My tired legs are rejuvenated and I feel very relaxed afterwards. Sleep
like a baby after the sessions! Plus I am training for a marathon and
deep tissue really has helped with sore muscles and keeps me in
condition for long runs.
- Simon Ruffell Beverly, MA
have had many massages on the North Shore but Melissa is the best! She
includes a hot stone massage as part of the process and really knows
how to reduce work related stress. She truly is gifted and has a talent
that many do not have. I would highly recommend Melissa!
- Beth Benatti Kennedy Beverly, MA
- This is the most relaxing, feel-good massage I ve ever had. My body
feels ten years younger after. For a massage, we only go to Melissa
because she is the best!
- Vicky West Beverly, MA
- Melissa Berry in Beverly is certainly the best massage you will experience. I’ve been going to her for 5 years now and have yet to be disappointed! Always leave feeling amazing and balanced.
- Rachael Macaro Beverly, MA
- Melissa is amazing. I go see her pretty often, she fixes all my problems; and I always have some sore spots in my body because
of high mileage running. Go see her and you will never want see anybody else.
Lana Popova Andover, MA
- Melissa is by far the best around! I am a competitive athlete and trainer and would never go anywhere else and I have seen amazing gains personally and with my clients after going to her!
Janelle Nicole Beverly, MA
- Melissa is amazing…the first time I went to her I had a pinched nerve and after a deep tissue massage it went away within hours when it normally takes a week or so for me to feel better. Can’t recommend her enough!
Ruth Berube Beverly, MA
- Melissa made my week with a calming massage that helped heal some old bone. I recommend her to all.
Bill Sullivan Hamilton, MA
- Melissa is special, both as a talented message therapist and a wonderful person. My daughter’s favorite gift for all holidays!
Pamela Griffin Cape Cod
- Melissa is fantastic. The hot rocks are wonderfully soothing. As are her hands! She seems to intuitively know how to address my needs and help me relax, unwind, and leave feeling like a different person!
Lynne Levesque Charlestown, MA
- Melissa is fabulous. I always leave feeling so much better. The hot stones are amazing! I always felt like she gave me her all and I was her most important client!
Carrie Monahan Beverly, MA
- Melissa is compassionate, thoughtful and skilled in restoring balance.
Peter Ruggiero, Somerville, MA
- Melissa Berry of Beverly gave me the best massage ever. I am recommending her to all of my friends.
Ann Vasapolli, Beverly, MA
- I've been to many therapists in the past and Melissa by far does the best job!
Susan Bertelli Beverly, MA
- Introduced to Melissa through a birthday present. She is a talented massage therapist. The experience inspired 3 more gifts.
Maureen Hickey Hamilton, MA
- Melissa has one of the most gifted healing hands, as I like to call them. Coming from a country that is known for Ayurveda, I have been looking for a massage therapist who would have the right balance of knowledge and understanding of the patients/clients issues. Melissa has a warm personality, which is one of the first steps to any kind of healing, her work environment is clean and she takes all the time and effort to deliver the results.
- Aparna Vishwanathan Beverly, MA
- Melissa gives the best massages I have ever had, and really listens to the needs of her clients. The first time I went to her, I had a pinched nerve in my neck and thought a deep tissue massage would help, but she warned me against the further damage that could do, recommending a less aggressive massage. I could barely turn my head when I went into see her, but an hour later I was nearly pain-free. I cannot recommend her enough!
- Ruth Berube, Beverly, MA
- I have had a lot of massages, and Melissa is one of the best I've come across. Her combination of modalities during the massage is very calming and centering. She uses hot stone, crystals, energy work--and a host of other techniques. She will customize the massage to you and your needs. I would recommend her highly.
- Cynthis Freedman, Boston, MA
I first went to Melissa because of ongoing upper back pain. I have been going to chiropractors for the last few years, but the pain always returned. After only three visits to Melissa the pain in my back completely disappeared and it feels GREAT! I see Melissa every other week and have never felt better. Melissa is an extremely knowledgeable massage therapist, and I sleep like a baby after every session. Wouldn’t give her up for the world!”
- Kris Amos-Guido Salem, MA
I have purchased gift certificates from Melissa for my wife on two separate occasions and both times my wife had nothing but great things to say about the treatment she received. I have also recommended her to my other guy friends looking for a last minute gift for their significant others.
- Chris Chico Beverly, MA
- I went to Melissa to address an injury. I am now a repeat customer because of the results I received. She is truly obsessed with her profession, and stays up to date with the latest methods. She tailors each visit to your specific needs to ensure time well spent with her.
- Foster Ball Beverly, MA
After suffering with carpal tunnel syndrome and tendonitis in my right arm for several months, a friend recommended that I visit Melissa Berry. Melissa was thorough in her examination and provided a recovery plan that included deep muscle massage as well as stretches to help ease the pain and would help strengthen my arm. She did a great job at keeping the pain at bay and the rest of the massage was an added bonus!
Elaine Champagne Magnolia, MA
Melissa is excellent at her work and I always leave feeling rejuvenated. I am so grateful to have met her and referred her to friends many times.
- Karen Byron Marblehead, MA
Melissa provides and excellent massage at a reasonable price. She is constantly learning new methods and techniques and provides excellent massage always leaving you relaxed, refreshed, and rejuvenated.
- Scott Brockleman Topsfield, MA
I have enjoyed having Melissa as a massage therapist. Her expertise has fixed back and shoulder troubles I thought were unfixable. She's very nice and is a great listener.
- John Hintlian Rockport, MA
Melissa is an exceptional massage therapist. I began to going to Melissa about 5 years ago based on a friend's recommendation and I am forever grateful that I did. Not only is Melissa an expert massage therapist but she will customize your treatment based on your preferences. I particularly recommend the hot stone massage. I also really enjoy the relaxing music and soft lighting. I always leave feeling 100% better than before the massage whether I went in with a sore neck, back, or headache. Massages are worth every penny and are an important part of well-being and stress management during these busy and challenging times.
- KRB Rowley, MA
Finding Melissa was one of the best things about my short time living in Boston. I found her online when looking for someone who could do a Shirodhara treatment. Her testimonials were so amazing, I nearly couldn't believe them... but now I'm one of them! I went into Melissa's treatments with deliberate goals, and she worked towards helping me achieve them. I left each treatment feeling relaxed and with more clarity about my life and priorities. I didn't just feel ready to change my life, I went out there and changed my life. Of course, I changed it right out of Boston, so I will miss Melissa! Thanks to her for her wonderful work, insight, and intuition.
- Debbie Levitt, Somerville, MA
- Melissa was recommended to me by a friend. I'd been dealing with back pain for years and was pretty desperate to find something that would help relieve the constant pain by the time I made my first appointment. Nothing else was working, I had tried PT, chiropractors, acupuncture - you name it I tried it. After my second session with Melissa I had my first PAIN FREE(!!!!) day in 5 years. She is Amazing. Her technical knowledge coupled with her spiritual healing techniques is fantastic and unique. I love my sessions.
-Amanda Lennon Salem, MA
- Melissa has helped me so much in the past 9 months, I have been getting massages with her every other week. The Fibromyalgia I have in my neck and shoulders causes me to be stiff and in pain...but Melissa definitely helps me to keep it in control! I feel so good after she works on me. Melissa is very "in- tune" to her patients' needs...no two sessions with her are ever the same. Melissa's hands are truly those of a "miracle worker"! I like the way she incorporates hot stones, various oils and positive energy into her massages. The "tuning forks" have decreased the pain in the arches in my feet! I know that I will continue to come to Melissa for relaxation and healing for many years.
-Jody Russo Beverly, MA
- I have had the pleasure of being in the care of Melissa since she started her business. Recently, I have benefited from her Ayurvedic treatments as I recover from a leg fracture and torn ACL. Melissa has used the combination of hot oil and rocks to re-balance and heal my body. With yoga positions, she has helped me to rebuild my strength without injuring my left knee. I always leave her spa feeling centered, healed and relaxed.
Cara Hutchins, Beverly, MA
- Getting a massage from Melissa is simply the best gift you can give yourself or a loved one. One of the things I appreciate the most about Melissa is that she customizes the massage to your needs that day...whether it is to work out a tight or sore area or simply to relax and unwind, Melissa offers just the right touch and holistic approach combined with both care and kindness. I always leave feeling like a new woman.
Kathy Beal, Rowley, MA
- I have been a client of Melissa's for 6 years now and every session has been a wonderful experience. Over the years Melissa has added many new techniques and modalities into her sessions. I thoroughly enjoy the Abhyanga with the Hot Stones. The warm oil, rocks, and hydro therapy along with massage has helped heal and remedy my neck, shoulder and back pain. The Shirodhara treatments leave me in pure bliss and peace. I have never experienced such relaxation and calmness. Nasya treatments really clear my sinus pressure and allergies and I now incorporate into my daily routine. I highly recommend Melissa to family and friends.
Dan Patterson, Boxford, MA
- In October 2007 I started therapy with Melissa with the recommendation from American Specialty Health. I had severe sciatica, neck, and shoulder pain due to my work and years of athletics. Melissa worked out many of my muscle pains and aches with weekly sessions using stretching exercises, massage, and hot/cold therapy. I love the hot stones and warm oil and In April I tried the Shirodhara treatment and I was amazed. The warm oil sensation on my forehead was extremely relaxing and as the time passed I felt more peaceful, calm almost like a total void. The only way I can describe the experience is that I was left with a neutral "no thought" presence and it was very remarkable. Any one who needs to just "zone out" should try!
Bob Guarino, Rockport, MA
- Every time I get a massage from Melissa, I notice an immediate, marked improvement in my posture, my pain levels, and my mood. I often find, too, that my mind drifts, and I will vividly picture pleasant memories, or even view painful ones with a sense of perspective and calm that helps unknot emotions as she unknots muscles. I find that Melissa helps me to be a more confident, more peaceful, and more comfortable person.
Michael G Martin, Beverly, MA
- I totally enjoy the extraordinary massages I receive from Melissa Berry. I was given a gift certificate for my birthday in 2002 and I have been going monthly ever since. From the very start of the session I feel relaxed, comfortable and at peace. I love the soothing warm oil, heated stones, and steam towels. My tension melts and my sore muscles breathe into ease! I look forward to my sessions to maintain my health and well being.
Louis D'Agenese, Lynfield, MA
- I have thoroughly enjoyed Melissa's abilities as a massage therapist. I have been her client for over seven years now, and am completely satisfied after each session. She is professional, compassionate and highly skilled. My entire body looks forward to my sessions with her. Her workplace is a calming, soothing place to come for a well-needed massage. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a highly-skilled, well-qualified, professional massage therapist. The gift baskets Melissa puts together are beautiful. My husband gave me one for Mother's Day last year and I enjoyed every single product in it. The oils and lotions Melissa uses during my massage sessions are great! I especially enjoy the eucalyptus oil for my sinuses, and the lavender oil for its calming and relaxing effects.
Dawn O'Connell, Boxford, MA
- I found Melissa through the Tufts Health Care web site. I turned to the benefits of massage at a very stressful time in my life. I was caring for my mother at the end stage of her life and then learned that I needed surgery myself. Melissa provided me with skillful and compassionate care when I needed it most. She is enthusiastic about the wide range of treatments she offers and generous with her time and attention to my needs. Not only has she helped me with my pre-surgery preparation, but continues to support me in my healing both physically and emotionally. Melissa's practice is very personal, making you feel a part of her home, being greeted at the door by her little dog, Ginger, her seasonal decorations and her sharing tips of healthful teas and aromatic lotions. I hope to continue to have massage therapy be a regular part of my health care. Gratefully,
Jane Kelly, Marblehead, MA
- I had my first Shirodhara treatment with Melissa this Spring. Her intention was soothing and her presence calm and proficient. I experienced a profound clarity and relaxation. It reminded me of the "gong bath" where I felt myself rise above my physical body into a beautiful sensation of joy and warmth. The oil drip seemed to melt into my forehead as did the OM sound in the background. Overall, the I left the session with mental clarity and mindful peace. It was an awesome experience which I plan to do again soon!
Christine LaCoy, Beverly, MA
- I started massage therapy with Melissa in June 2007 with the recommendation from my doctor and insurance company. My feet are very thankful to Melissa! Her Ayurvedic treatments using salt scrubs, warm oil, toes stones, and soothing massage has cured my ankle pain and leg cramps. Her techniques vary in each session and it is always a great experience. The crystal therapy, tuning forks blended with soothing music repairs and uplifts my spirit. I get what I need and always feel a total cleanse and rejuvenation in both my physical body and my aura. Melissa is a wonderful massage therapist, but even more her generosity of spirit, compassion, and love of her work make her a true healer.
Gail Campbell, Gloucester, MA
- Melissa had provided me with massage therapy during my twelve week training for the Boston Marathon. The fifty-five miles a week training program was offset by Melissa's experienced therapeutic/sport medicine massage. Her weekly massages truly enabled me to withstand the physical aches and pains of the runes. I highly recommend Melissa as she is knowledgeable, experienced, and absolutely reliable.
L Behan Ipswich, MA
- Melissa treated me during both my pregnancies and her aroma therapy techniques really made a difference. I was able to relax more and even my morning sickness was reduced dramatically! Melissa even came to my house and taught me how to give my baby a massage and even custom blended an essential herb relaxation oil to help him sleep better. I'm not sure what kind of shape my family would be in without Melissa in our lives....from pregnancy, to carpel tunnel, sports injuries, and just plain stress reduction......she can treat it all!!!!
Stefanie Laws, Beverly, MA
- I love Melissa's new Ayurveda techniques. The salt scrub on my feet followed with the warm oil massage is incredible. The Abhyanga along with hot stones penetrate deep into my muscles. The yoga stretching and massage really helps my work outs at the gym. My shoulder and neck pain I had when I came to Melissa has been greatly reduced. I truly feel a difference in my body and temperament since I started therapy last year. The treatments leave me feeling healed, relaxed and peaceful. I highly recommend Melissa and the Ayurveda Treatments!
Elvis Toribio, Salem, MA
- When Melissa introduced me to Bio freeze pain gel I was amazed by the results! What a relief it gave me after my vigorous work outs! I highly recommend this product! Melissa also mixed me a sports oil bath salt and after a long run I tried it out.....It really soothed my muscles as well as my racy head! The aroma benefits I get from Melissa's products and massage make a huge difference in my athletic performance!
-David Farley, Ipswich, MA
- I have finally found the perfect massage therapist for me. Melissa provides a comfortable atmosphere and has a holistic approach to massage. She has amazing intuition and knows just the treatment I need on any given day. No matter what kind of shape I am in, I always leave Melissa's feeling lighter than when I arrived. Her sessions truly do improve my overall well-being. I highly recommend Melissa's practice to anyone for relaxation and/or healing.
-Susan Kapurch, Beverly Farms, MA
- As a serious runner, Melissa has helped me tremendously in avoiding injury and quickly resolving problems arising from tight muscles. Regular massage is now part of my running routine and I highly recommend it for anyone who is serious about staying active.
-Scott Dahlgren, Boxford, Ma
- I am a distance runner and a cyclist with lower back pain and shoulder problems. I have been getting massage therapy regularly from Melissa. She has gotten rid of some of my kinks in my muscles, helped me recover better and faster from long, hard runs, and given me some pain relief from sore muscles. She is extremely reliable, enthusiastic and diligent about her work.
Mark Stein, Wenham, MA
- Melissa's attention to my needs is incredible. She will custom blend the desired fragrance and scent according to my desires. My muscles get pretty sore from work and running so the combination of the essential oils and the Biofreeze really helps me relax and recover quicker. The Peppermint Foot Creme is part of my daily regime in taking care of my aching foot muscles. My terrier just loves the Shampoo and not only does it get her oh so clean, but she is calm and relaxed from the aromatherapy smells!
Lauren Hallworth, Boxford, Ma
- I am a massage client of Melissa Berry's, and through her aromatherapy technique and anatomical knowledge, my body is more relaxed, pain free, and muscularly balanced. The Biofreeze, Aromatherapy Oils and Melissa's custom bath salts really made a difference. My body has experienced a higher performance of athletic ability by receiving regular massage and various sports performance products from Melissa. I highly recommend Melissa's massage and aromatherapy talent, and her care of human kindness.
-Deryn Dare Kellogg, Topsfield, MA
- I can't say enough about what an incredibly wonderful experience it is to have a massage from Melissa. While your variety of techniques is all encompassing, Melissa's use of aromatherapy completely enhances the therapy session. What a synergy! Heraromatherapy pushes the affect into the deepest level. My hideously knotted muscles melt into a rubbery pliability. I especially love the lavender and eucalyptus essential oils! I leave smelling oh so good and feeling so serene . . . and furthermore, my sinuses are cleared. I can't wait for my next session!
Barbara McGee Beverly Farm
- "Whenever I visit Melissa, my relaxation begins when I walk through the door. Melissa's treatment is a wonderful blend of a relaxing ambiance along with the massage itself. The subtle music, the aromas and the lighting all complement and enhance her fantastic skills as a therapist"
-David Granata, Topsfield, MA *
- "I have been a client of Melissa's for almost a year and wouldn't go anywhere else. She tailors the massage to whatever your specific needs might be whether stress or sports related or just relaxation. This summer for a special occasion, she came to our home and gave massages to our entire family of five ranging from age 7-45. It was a very relaxing way to spend a day. I would recommend that you get a gift certificate for a friend - that is how I became a client."
-Deb Krinsky, Beverly, MA
- "My shoulder was sore and had limited range due to a previous muscle pull. Melissa, in a couple of sessions, messaged through the scar tissue, increased the range of motion, and freed the shoulder's movement. It is now strong, fully mobile and pain free."
-Jack Shirley, Beverly, MA
- "I have been going to Melissa for over 2 years. Massage is an essential in my life, that stops the everyday pace to a halt and gives me the time to reflex on how important it is to take care of our bodies. The deep tissue massage is the best to break up those knots that you get from stress. I also enjoy the reflex massage on my feet, great stuff. Melissa is the best."
-Bob Jacobs, PGA Golf Pro
- "Having a pregnancy massage with Melissa is such a special treat! My back really hurt me during my first pregnancy. Melissa was the only relief I found. She also made me feel so comfortable, in my pregnant state, that I was able to fully relax and reap all of the benefits of a pregnancy massage. I am 7 months pregnant with my second son and can hardly wait to see Melissa!"
-Amy MacDonald, Seabrook, NH
- "I have been a client of Melissa's for about a year, the first time I have cared to become "a regular" for massage therapy. Melissa is the perfect combination of being client-centered and highly professional and knowledgeable - ensuring that she met my needs while giving great advice when I need it - and being highly effective!" - Tom Himmel Topsfield, MA]
- Melissa is the best massage therapist ever. I had been going to another wonderful massage therapist and when she moved she referred me to Melissa who was HER massage therapist! So if you go to Melissa you are getting the massage therapist's massage therapist. You can't get any better than that.
-Peter Simmons, Newburyport, MA
- I have been going to Melissa for over two years and have been very pleased with her work. She starts off by asking if there is a particular pain or area that aches and if so, she will concentrate her attention on that area. She is very knowledgeable about the physiology of the body and accordingly knows how best to attack an ache or pain. For example, when I had a pain running down my leg she knew the exact spot to concentrate on. She knew what area was causing the pain and worked on that rather than just massaging the area that hurt. If you don't have a particular ache or pain, no problem, just relax and enjoy.
- Russ Johnson, Boxford, MA
- Melissa has a great 'sense' and knowledge for creating unique aromatherapy products for each occasion and individual. Her passion for this comes through in each and every blend she creates. Melissa sensitively shares beautiful details of healing fragrance, light and sound through her aromatherapy, candles and music.
-Mimi Nelson-Oliver, Marblehead, MA
- I can't thank Melissa enough for the goodies at Christmas. I loved all the products! The relaxing aroma and the soap was heavenly! I would like to order some more as it was the best aromatherapy products I have used! Best wishes and keep up the good work!
Susan Cortucci, Amesbury, MA
- Melissa combines a variety of techniques into her sessions I anticipate each one with excitement. I love the Chakra Massage and the warm hot stones on my feet. The Shirodhara therapy was wonderful and the feeling lasted for some time. My shoulder injury is on the mend through working with Melissa and physical therapy exercises. I always leave feeling peaceful and revitalized. But what I like most is I take responsibility for my own health and Melissa is constantly giving me new tools to work with. It may be a mantra, a yoga posture, or a meditation. I get a true sense of focus and internal grounding. Most Grateful,
Madeline Berube Danvers,
- I won a massage from Melissa at a charity event 4 years ago and after having bounced around to various places on the North Shore finally found a consistent place to get a relaxing massage. In the stressful day to day work environment, a periodic massage is crucial to remove the tension and stress. Melissa provides a great combination of a traditional massage with some of the new cutting edge therapies. The deep tissue massage is a magic eraser to a bad week of work. I always leave in such better spirits and well being form when I arrived.
Bob P from Beverly, Ma
- Melissa has been my massage therapist for almost two years. She has helped me feel complete relaxation and relief every time I have seen her. In addition to knowing how to work the body, she has added various techniques over time. Her Ayurvedic Treatments and Energy work along with the warm stones provides additional help in easing tension and soreness. It is great to know that after every massage, I will feel better, be more relaxed and have been able to relieve my aches and pains.
Helene Collins Salem, MA
- Melissa is always willing to focus on your unique needs. Melissa's Ayurvedic Abyhanga Massage and Shila Hot Stone massage are both soothing and rejuvenating. I find that the massage is a great way to balance both body and spirit. After a massage, I enjoy drawing a symbolic Angel card, and listening to the interpretation. The cards create a way to check-in on an aspect of your life for further soul-searching if you choose to do so.
Barbara J, Social worker Peabody,
- Melissa has been my massage therapist for over a year now. She is by far the best massage therapist I have ever been to in my life as I truly look forward to every visit I schedule with her. After her massages I feel very calm and tranquil for hours and the relaxation extends into the next day. In my most recent visit, Melissa added the Shirodhara in the session to enhance my relaxation. As soon as the fragrant, warm oil touched my head, a cloud of serenity came over me. She has also used luxurious salt scrubs on my feet, which leave them as smooth as a baby’s bottom. If you have any sore muscles or are just looking for a great massage, I would definitely recommend Melissa to anyone!
Jill Jackman Beverly, MA